On-site Caravan Insurance | MHIA Insurance
Skip to main content

On-site Caravan

Defined Events Policy

Cover designed for your on-site caravan.

Affordable insurance for on-site caravan owners.

MHIA can provide you with the essential protection you need without breaking the bank.

Get a quote

The Essentials

The best bits included for you.

  • Annexe and fly-over
  • $20M legal liability
  • Emergency make-safe
  • Temporary accommodation
  • Cost of relocation
Read the PDS

Optional extras

Optional bits to improve your cover.

  • Portable personal valuables
  • Special contents

Extras cover

Looking to add Portable Person Valuables or Special Contents to your home insurance policy? Give us a call or send us an email.

Portable Personal Valuables

You can choose to cover valuable items when you take them outside your home, for example a wedding ring or laptop computer.

If you choose to list an item as Portable Personal Valuables, we repair or replace the item for the value listed if it is accidentally lost, damaged or stolen.

Special Contents

You can choose to separately list certain items as special contents, such as paintings,works of art, curios, collections, stamps, medals or trophies, coins, furs, jewellery, bullion, watches, or gold & silver items.

If you choose to list an item as special contents, we pay the value listed for that item if it is damaged or stolen.

Add extras


Stuff we don't include

  • Flood
  • Leaky shower bases
  • General wear and tear

What's in your on-site caravan cover?

Accidental glass breakage

We cover a range of different breakage events including broken windows. Read through our PDS for the full list of inclusions and relevant excess's for each.

Mechanical & electrical breakdown

If the appliance is not repairable we will pay the cost to replace the item less 10% per year for wear, tear and depreciation.

Fire & explosion

Loss or damage caused by explosion or by fire, including bushfire.

Burst pipes

Loss or damage caused by burst pipes (even if you're not home at the time).

Storm & lightning

Loss or damage caused by rainwater run-off and loss or damage as a result of power surge caused by lightning.

Questions? Answers.

Will you cover for temporary accommodation if my home is unliveable?

If the damaged property is your primary residence and is deemed unliveable than we will pay up to a limitation on accommodation.

Does this policy cover accidental damage?

Covers only accidental damage to glass forming part of your home e.g. windows, shower screens. There is no cover for your contents, or for accidental breakage whilst the home is tenanted

Does this policy cover mechanical or electrical breakdown (fusion)?

No, it does not.

What happens if my home is a total loss?

If your home is destroyed by a covered event and is deemed a total loss as the repair costs exceed the sum insured, we will pay the total amount of your sum insured plus any additional benefits applicable. Your excess will then be deducted from this figure.

Does my policy cover for theft by forced entry?

Yes, our contents policy covers theft when forced entry is involved.

Do you cover malicious damage caused by a tenant or boarder visitor to my home?

No, we will not cover loss or damage caused by a malicious act by you, a tenant or anyone with whom you live or anyone who enters your home with your consent.

I’ve been approved for a claim and I want to use my own trades to make the repairs. Will you allow me to do that?

No, We utilise experienced, qualified builders that are part of our supplier network. They offer a lifetime guarantee on home repairs, which ensures the quality and workmanship of the repairs we authorise to your home for the lifetime of your home. If you request a cash settlement of the quoted amount to manage the repairs yourself and we agree, the lifetime guarantee will not apply.

My fridge stopped working due to electrical failure, what can MHIA do to help?

We cover loss of food from your refrigerator up to $750.00 (less any applicable excess) which is caused by the breakdown of the unit.

Can I pay monthly instalments via BPAY?

No. We can only accept monthly instalments paid by direct debit from your bank account.

More FAQs

Cover your on-site caravan with MHIA

Get a quote now

Specialist insurance from the industry experts. See what we can do to help.

Ready to get protected? Find out how much you could save by switching to MHIA Insurance.

Get a quote

Not sure how much to insure your home for? Use these handy calculators to get an estimate.

Open Calculators

Need to lodge a claim? We're always here to help you - 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Lodge a claim